- This event has passed.
Toowoomba Tadpoles 1500m Swim in July 2020
July 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - July 31, 2020 @ 5:00 pm AEST
Yes it’s on again. Due to the successful event over the past 2 years, we are again holding it in 2020 with some special changes.
The Event now includes a special swim as a memorial to our swimmer “Debra Wagner” who passed away last year participating in her beloved distance swim.
How to compete
- It is simple, you just need to pace yourself to complete a 1500m swim in a 25m pool with a recorded time.
- You can choose from either freestyle, breaststroke or backstroke, but the entire 1500 must be completed in one stroke only.
- Each swimmer may do 1 or more of the different strokes. Cost is $20 per swimmer (not per swim). (Great bargain if you complete all 3)
- Remember it’s very important to have adequate fitness levels before undertaking such a swim.
Alternatively, you can swim your 1500 freestyle with fins and enter the “Debra Wagner Memorial swim”
- This is only for swimmers not entering any other swim in this postal event.
- Funds raised from this memorial event will be donated to a charity.
You are required to be a financial member of Masters Swimming Australia.
You must swim the event between 1 July and 31 July 2020.
Entries must be submitted by emailing the authorised ‘Club Postal Entry Form’ and Record sheet (attached) to email@example.com by 15th August
Payment by bank transfer to:
Toowoomba Masters Swimming Club Inc.
BSB 638 070 A/C 5191564 Transaction description – Club code and surname of club representative or individual
A certificate will be awarded to all participants. Prizes will be awarded to the fastest swimmers within each age group (as per Masters Swimming Australia) and stroke. Results and certificates will be sent to the nominated club address within 6 weeks of the completion of the Postal Swim. The Debra Wagner Memorial fin swim participants will receive a certificate although points will not be awarded for this event.
Most of all, have fun completing this swim event!
Sanctioned by MSQ PS Q9/20 Sanctioned by MSA PS 05/2020.