Masters Swimming Australia has migrated its membership and meet entry system to a new platform, Swim Central, in partnership with Swimming Australia.
Swim Central is a membership and event entry system that is specifically designed to empower swimmers to participate in, and administrators & coaches to run, community swimming.
This new platform utilises the Stripe internet payment system for all membership, merchandise & meet entry payments. Stripe makes moving money as simple, borderless, and programmable as the rest of the internet, and it processes hundreds of billions of dollars each year for small and large enterprises.
Memberships are valid from the date of purchase until December 31 of each calendar year and will generally be available for purchase from December 1 of the prior year.
New members – please follow the steps in the FAQs below to create a new profile and set a system password. You will then be able to purchase a new club membership from December 1.
Renewing members – please sign in to your existing Swim Central profile and purchase a new club membership from December 1 (follow the steps in the FAQs below, if required).
Existing Members – How do I set, or change (reset), my password?
First step is to create a password or reset/change one if you have an existing SC profile. It’s important that you don’t re-register using a different email address. Simply follow the steps below to reset your password.
To Reset/Change Your Password
From the Swim Central login screen select the ‘Forgot Password?’ option.
Enter your email address that was used to set up your Swim Central account into the ‘Your Email’ field.
Select ‘Send Request’.
You will see a pop-up that lets you know the request was received
*Please check your spam/junk folders if you do not see an email in your inbox. Please note this can take up to 30 minutes
This will open a ‘Reset Password’ screen within your internet browser.
Enter your email address in the ‘Your Email’ field and then enter your desired password, then select ‘Reset’. Your password will need to contain at least 8 characters, with at least 1 uppercase letter and 1 number.
You will be redirected to a ‘Your password has been reset’ screen.
Select ‘Return to Log In’ , enter your email address and password to complete the sign in process. You are now in Swim Central.
This Help Sheet will assist you with purchasing a memberships for a Masters Swimming Club via Swim Central. To purchase a membership you need to have either create a profile or login to your existing profile in Swim Central. Please note membership fees differ between Branches and Clubs and the below fees are an example only. To access Swim Central click here https://swimcentral.swimming.org.au/home
• If you have an existing Swim Central profile, you need to login and click on Store – follow steps below on purchasing a membership
• If you are unsure if you have a Swim Central profile, click on forgot password
o if you receive a reset email you have a Swim Central profile and follow the steps to reset your password to login
o if you do not receive one and your email is not in Swim Central you need to create a new profile
Once you have a Swim central profile you need to be logged in and from the menu option to the left select Store, then Select Memberships
Search for your club by club name by postcode or by suburb
Select yourself as the member you are purchasing a membership for.
If the club you are purchasing a membership for has more than one membership product you will see them listed.
If there are no products displaying in the store please check with the Club (or contact Masters Swimming Australia or your Branch) as they may not have any membership products available to purchase.
Select the appropriate membership by selecting ‘Add to Cart for Member name’ at the bottom of the product tile – you cannot add more than one of the same membership
To go to Checkout click on the cart icon next to your name
• Confirm all details are correct and assigned to the correct name
• Enter name on credit card
• Enter card number, expiry date and CVC
• Read and agree with Terms and Conditions
• Select ‘Buy Now’
• A screen saying ‘Thank you for your purchase’ shows with a summary of your purchases
and a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address.
If you have been previously registered with a Masters Swimming club and wish to change to a new club this is called a transfer. Members can transfer from one club to another club in Swim Central.
Were you a member in 2022?:
You simply purchase the membership with your New Club for 2023 NOT your 2022 Club
You are not able to apply for a transfer from a 2022 membership (migrated membership from our previous system)
DO NOT purchase a membership with your 2022 club and then apply for a transfer
If you are unsure of the process please contact email@example.com
Special items to note about transfers:
Members can only apply for a transfer from a 2023 membership purchased in Swim Central
When you transfer you may be entitled to a refund:
You are entitled to a refund if you transfer and have a 12 month membership to another Club by purchasing a 12 month membership – you will receive a refund of the MSA component and the Branch component if the clubs are in the same Branch
If the Clubs are in different Branches you will not receive a refund
You will not receive a refund of the Club fee
To be entitled for a refund both memberships must be from the same season (i.e. 12 month memberships, memberships from 2023)
Any funds that are reimbursed should be received within 10 days of the transfer being initiated.
If you have purchased a 12 month membership & want to transfer during the 6 month membership period (July to December) please contact the National Office as you will not be able to get a refund on the 12 month memberships is the process outlined below
You can only transfer from a 12 month membership to a 12 month membership or a 6 month membership to a 6 month membership
Please note you will NOT be able to transfer using the steps out lined below if:
You are wanting to transfer from a 2022 migrated membership
The membership is 30 days from expiring, has expired or expires today
If a refund has been requested for a Membership
Membership is a Trial Type or Second Claim
Please note the images below are currently from a Swimming Australia Help Sheet and the figures and memberships are not Masters Swimming Australia fees or memberships but the process is still the same.
1) Login to Swim Central
2) Proceed to the member’s ‘Profile’ who is transferring clubs and select ‘View Profile’
3) From the Memberships accordion select the OLD membership and the membership details will display
4) Select ‘Transfer’. If this button is disabled, please contact your state administrator.
4) Search for your NEW club by club/organisation, postcode, or suburb
5) Once you have a selected the new club you wish to transfer to, a summary of any reimbursements you may be entitled to will display. To be entitled for a refund both memberships must be from the same season.
6) To purchase the new membership select ‘Go to Store’ at the bottom of the page
7) Find the new membership product and select ‘Add to Cart’’
Please ensure you are transferring and purchasing for the correct person (this applies if you are the primary account holder in a family group)
8) Select Shopping Cart at the top of the page
9) At the checkout
Verify the contents of your trolley
Enter name on card
Enter credit card details,
Agree with Terms and Conditions
Select ‘Buy Now’
NB If your membership requires a document upload, please see here for details.
10) On the ‘Thank you for your purchase’ page select ‘Set as Primary Membership’. This club will become the preferred club/association for the member when participating in activities.
11) Select ‘Transfer From’ and the old membership you are transferring from will be listed
12) Select the old membership and you will be returned to the Membership Transfer page
13) On the Membership Transfer page please confirm
Membership you are transferring from
Membership you are transferring to
Summary of Reimbursement
14) On completing the transfer the member will be eligible to receive a refund on any components which are common to both membership products (i.e. State fee and National fee components). To be entitled for a refund both memberships must be from the same season.
15) Select ‘Transfer’ and a pop up modal will show. Select ‘Transfer’
16) The transfer request is automatically approved and the new membership will display with a ‘Primary’ tag. Please note that this can take up to 30 minutes to occur.
17) The old membership can then be located under the ‘Inactive Only’ membership status with a ‘Transferred’ status tag
Please check the club name when purchasing a membership product; that it is the correct Club you are wanting to join and is a Masters Club as some Swimming Australia clubs have similar names. Most Masters Swimming Australia clubs will have the word ‘masters’ in their namebut some do not.
If you are unsure contact your Branch or the National Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Click on Events From the lefthand panel click on events
3. Find your Event Select the date from the calendar using the arrows for each month. e.g. 17th July 2022
4. Click on view event
5. Click on Entries Select the races you want to swim by clicking on the + button next to the event
Note when you select the first event a pop up will provide you will the meet entry fee information.
Click continue to select more races.
A pop-up message will tell you when a new nomination has been added to your cart.
6. Purchasing Venue Entry / Spectator Tickets You can also purchase (free) venue entry spectator Tickets during or after your entry purchase. These tickets are not needed for swimmers just any spectators that you are bringing with you. The tickets are free and will ensure your name/guest’s name is on the door list at the venue. Click on Tickets tab, Add ticket to the trolley
7. Making Payment
When you have selected the events and tickets you want click on either:
Make Payment; or
Your Shopping Cart to check out.
8. Terms and Conditions & Credit Card Details
In your Check Out you will see the items you are purchasing on the left and card payment details and terms and conditions on the right.
You have the option to review your purchases and save your credit card for future purchases should you wish to do this. Credit Card details are stored securely by the Stripe platform behind Swim Central. Staff and club administrators do not have access to any card details you save in the system.
Before you check out you will be required to agree to the terms and conditions and click on now the green buy now button.
This will finalise your transaction and submit your entries.
9. How to Find your receipt
Click on Profiles > Order History
Select your purchase
Click on Invoice to download a pdf
10. How to check what you have entered & make changes before closing date
You can check your entries in two places: the events calendar or your order history
If you want to change events (prior to the closing date) you will need to view your order history and request a refund. Then follow the above process to enter the new event.
11. Event Details Tab
For more details you can return to the event calendar and Click on Details to view more information about the event