Please note the new 2021 Membership Season is now OPEN!
Masters Swimming Australia is hoping that you are staying safe during this time and we are here to support all masters swimming clubs, their members and the wider community.
Due to the staggered timings for clubs to re-enter their environments, MSA is working with each Branch within all current Government Guidelines on the opening of memberships. If the club you are wanting to join does not have their membership open please contact the relevant Branch or the National Office.
This information is current as of the 1 December 2020
If you need to update any of your details you can still do so either by clicking on the Access your Profile to the right or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due the current situation MSA will respond to emails as soon as possible.
Who Can Join?
|Membership is open to people who are 18 years or are older. An individual who has attained the age of 18 can join a Masters Club to train and compete in club, branch and national Masters events. FINA still retains it’s minimum age for competing at 25 years.
You can travel the world as an Australian masters swimmer and train with any masters club. We recommend you do some research about the Club(s) before you travel and introduce yourself and check on their latest training information to confirm arrangements for the session.
|Annual Memberships 12 Month||Our standard, and most popular membership. Available to all members. Sign-up opens December 1, and runs from January 1 to December 31|
|6 Month||Available to all members. Sign-up opens July 1, and runs from July 1 to December 31.|
|Mini Memberships 4 Month||Please note some Branches may not offer this membership. Sign-up opens September 1, and runs from September 1 to December 31.|
|Maxi Memberships 16 Month||Available to all members. Sign-up opens September 1, and runs from September 1 to December 31 in the following year.|
|NB - All memberships expire December 31, no matter when you join throughout the year.|
|How to Join?|
|Visit the Branch (State/Territory) contacts page and contact your Branch. They will provide you with a few options of clubs near you that suit your needs. Alternatively contact the National Office and we can help you get in touch with the right Branch. Masters swimming clubs can also often be contacted through local pools and sports centres, some are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Swimming Clubs' or have a website. It would be a good idea to contact the club or visit the pool when the club is training to introduce yourself and to find out whether the club suits you. Whilst making up your mind, you can attend come-and-try sessions over a month before you join. Once you find the right club, you join and pay online (go through the members portal on the homepage).|
|How much does it cost to join?|
|Registration fees are comprised of a national, branch and club component. The membership fee is the sum of all three components. As club fees vary from $0 to around $50 depending on the club, totals are not provided in the table below.|
2021 Membership Fees
Please note fees are correct as of June 2021
Please note fees in orange are still to be confirmed
|16 month membership 1/9/2020- 31/12/ 2021||12 month membership 1/12/2020 - 31/12/2021||6 Month Membership 1/7/2021 - 31/12/2021||4 month membership 1/9/2021 - 31/12/2021|
|Branch component||NSW $47.00 (over 80 free)||NSW $38.00 (over 80 free)||NSW $33.00 (over 80 free)||NSW $25.00 (over 80 free)|
|NT $26.00 (80 plus free)||NT $20.00 (80 plus free)||NT $15.00 (80 plus free)||NT Not offered|
|QLD $49.00 (HC card $41)||QLD$40.00 (HC card $33)||QLD $20.00||QLD Not offered|
|SA $75.00||SA $52.00 (please note this is a reduction for 2021)||SA $31.00||SA Not offered|
|TAS Not offered||TAS$14.00 (please note this is a 33% discount on the 2020 fee for 4 months of inactivity due to Covid-19)||TAS $10.00||TAS Not offered|
|VIC $58.50 $45.00 Regional $31.00 Youth||VIC $15 Regional $15 Youth $15(please note this is a reduction for 2021||VIC $15 Regional $15 Youth $15(please note this is a reduction for 2021||VIC $15 Regional $15 Youth $15(please note this is a reduction for 2021)|
|WA $49.00 (please note 6 month is offered to new members only)||WA $43.00||WA $34.00 (please note 6 month is offered to new members only)||WA Not offered|
|Club component||Varies from $0 to approx $50||Varies from $0 to approx $50||Varies from $0 to approx $50||Varies from $0 to approx $50|
Coaching (CO), Technical (TO) and Volunteer (VO) profiles are a great option for our volunteers who wish to be connected to the Masters Swimming community.
These memberships are just $10 each and do not come under the club list, but a special “non-swimmers volunteers” MSA list. It does not entitle them to compete in any meets.
How do I register if I am a past swimming member?
These memberships are different to member’s swimming profiles and are only needed if the individual is not swimming any more. When a member registers as a CO, TO or VO, they need to create a new profile and are given different “member numbers” and log in details to their swimming profile.
If you are a former swimming member and wish to register with as a CO, TO or VO member, please contact the National Office.
How do I register if I am not a past swimming member?
If an individual who has not been registered as a swimming member before and would like to become a registered CO, TO or VO member, they will need to follow the below steps:
- Go to the Member Portal
- Click on New Registration
- Select State: Masters Swimming – Non Swimmer
- Select Club: Non-Swimmer - Select Your State/Territory
- Select the membership type (eg VO, CO or TO)
- Follow the prompts
- Members can join as many clubs as they like, including clubs in different states if desired.
- The primary club shall be referred to as the member's First Claim Club. All other clubs shall be referred to as the member's Second Claim Club.
- For a First Claim Club, the club member will pay the required Club, Branch and National components of the membership fee.
- For any subsequent club memberships, the swimmer will pay:
- Only the club fee if all clubs are within the same Branch (please note Club fees are set by the clubs)
- OR a club plus Branch fee if any clubs are in different Branches
- Points gained by a club member in the Vorgee National Endurance 1000 Competition shall accrue to the members First Claim Club.
- In swim meets, the member may represent any club of which they are a member, provided that the swimmer does not swim for more than one club at the same meet.
- A member retains the same membership number even if they join more than one club
- Please note you must be active and financial with your First Claim Club before proceeding any further. and if you are changing your First Claim Club you must complete your transfer of clubs BEFORE requesting a second claim membership.
- Please note you need to place a second claim request each year - the system does not automatically process second claim each year.
- DO NOT log in with your first claim club details to pay for a second claim membership.
- DO NOT re-register with your first claim club details to try and join a second club.
- Make sure you are active and financial with your first claim club
- Submit this Second Claim request form
- You will receive a confirmation email on submission of your form
- MSA will then seek approval from your requested second claim club if it is a new one - renewing second claims will be processed without seeking approval from your club.
- Your 2nd claim profile cannot be created until the approval (if applicable) has been received
- It can help if you contact the 2nd claim club and let them know you have submitted a request form
- Email confirmation will be sent to you once your profile has been set up
- Your membership number will remain the same as your first claim (primary) club but you will have separate log in and password details
- Interstate second claim members - You can join a club in another state. For example, if you are a first claim member in NSW and wish to join a second club in VIC, a Branch fee component is applicable. This amount varies in each state. You will be emailed information on how to pay once your second claim profile has been set up. You then need to pay a club fee where applicable.
- Same state second claim members - As a second claim member within the same state you are not required to pay the national and state fee components again. If a club fee is applicable you will need to organise this payment directly to your club. Your second claim club registrar will not make your profile active and financial until this payment has been received.
- Once the required payments have been made, your 2nd claim club will email you the username and you will need to set-up a password for this membership.
- Please note that this username and password can only be used in relation to your 2nd claim club, and must remain different to the username and password of your primary (1st claim) club.
- Contact the Club you would like to transfer to and get them to request a transfer in their Club Console
- Contact the Club you are transferring from and let them know that a request will be sent to their Club Console
- If either Club are unsure of the process ask them to contact the MSA office for assistance.
- If you know you want to transfer before you re-join wait until the transfer process has been completed before re-joining
- Contact the MSA office if you are unsure about what to do.
- Please note that once you pay your membership fee and it has been settled into Club, Branch and National accounts when you transfer the money stays with the club you joined not the club you transfer to so a further club fee might be applicable