We are excited that our 2023 Memberships open on the 1 November 2022 via Swim Central
What type of member are you?
Current 2022 Member – If you are a Financial member for 2022 your membership is valid to the 31/12/2022. You do not need to renew on the 1 November 2022.
Lapsed pre 2022 Member – if you were a member before 2022 please email email@example.com
If you are a NEW member please Read more below on how to join
Who Can Join?
|Membership is open to people who are 18 years or are older. An individual who has attained the age of 18 can join a Masters Club to train and compete in club, branch and national Masters events. FINA still retains it’s minimum age for competing at 25 years.
You can travel the world as an Australian masters swimmer and train with any masters club. We recommend you do some research about the Club(s) before you travel and introduce yourself and check on their latest training information to confirm arrangements for the session.
What types of membership are available?
|Membership Type||Membership description|
|12 Month Memberships||This is our standard and most popular membership and is available to all members.
Sign-up opens 1 November (2023 Only) and runs from 1 November 2022 to 31 December 2023
Sign-up opens 1 December (2024 onwards) and runs from 1 December 2023 to 31 December 2024
|6 Month Memberships||Available to all members.
Memberships are available for purchase from the 1 July, and the memberships are valid from 1 July to 31 December 2023.
|16 Month Memberships||Available to all members.
Memberships are available for purchase from the 1 September 2023, and the memberships are valid from 1 September 2023 to 31 December 2024.
|Non-Swimming Memberships||Coaching (CO), Technical (TO) and Volunteer (VO) are the backbone of our Clubs and the Non-swimming memberships are a great option for our volunteers who wish to be connected to the Masters Swimming community but not swim and not compete. Former swimmers may also take up a Non-swimming membership and keep connected with their Club.|
|Second Claim Memberships||Members can join multiple Clubs including Clubs in another Branch (State)
The primary club shall be referred to as the member's First Claim Club. All other clubs shall be referred to as the member's Second Claim Club.
|Transfers||Information to come|
|12 Month Memberships||6 Month Memberships||16 Month Memberships||Non-swimming Memberships||Second Claim|
|1 Nov 2022 - |
31 Dec 2023
|1 July - |
31 Dec 2023
|1 Sep 2023 - |
31 Dec 2024
|1 Nov 2022 - |
31 Dec 2023
|1 Jan - 31 Dec 2023||1 Jan - 31 Dec 2023|
|Masters Swimming Australia||$49.00||$36.75||$61.25||$10.00||No Fee||No Fee|
|Masters Swimming NSW (MSNSW)||$38.18||$25.75||$60||No Fee||No fee||$38.18|
|Masters Swimming NT (MSNT)||$20.00||$15.25||MSNT Is not offering the 16 month memberships||TBA||No fee||$20.00|
|Masters Swimming QLD (MSQ)||$49.00||$36.75||MSQ Is not offering the 16 month memberships||$10.00||No Fee||Interstate Second Claims are no longer accepted by MSQ - 17/03/2023|
|Masters Swimming SA (MSSA)||$60.00||$35.00||$60.00||No fee||No fee||$60.00|
|Masters Swimming TAS (MST)||$25.00||$15.00||MST Is not offering the 16 month memberships||TBA||No fee||$25.00|
|Masters Swimming VIC (MSV)||$45.00||$33.00||$60.00||No fee||No fee (MSV does not accept Second claims for their Virtual Club)||$45.00|
|Masters Swimming WA (MSWA)||$48.00||$35.00||$59.50||TBA||No fee||$48.00|
|club fee||club fee||club fee||club fee||club fee||club fee|
|Club fees vary - please contact the club to find out their component|
The following services are available to members of Masters Swimming Australia:
- Provide national governance of Masters Swimming in Australia
- National Committees – Coaching, Swim Meets & Technical
- Development of national rules, policies & guidelines
- Provide national insurance policies for members and officials
- Maintenance of the national website & management of the website platform
- Maintenance of the national registration database
- Production and distribution of quarterly e-newsletters
- Sourcing, partnerships, strategic alliances, sponsorship and funding at the national level
- Liaison with Swimming Australia, FINA, and ASCTA on relevant matters
- Sanctioning of International and National Masters Swimming events in Australia
- Guidance and assistance in the organisation of the National Championships and Masters Games swimming events
- Development and approval of accredited coaching and technical courses
- Management of the National Swim Series
- Management of the Vorgee Million Metre Awards and Vorgee Endurance 1000
- Publishing of National records and National Top 10 results via the MSA Results Portal
- Awards such as the Masters Coach of the Year, Official of the Year and National Championship trophies
- Maintenance of the national archives